At Cedar we put people first
We care and it shows. We pride ourselves on employing the leading minds in creative content and have offices in London, Hong Kong and Cape Town. What does it take to be a Cedar person? Talent, humanity and commitment – and a ‘Yes we can’ mentality our clients love. Sound like you? Then join us. We draw on the talents of the whole team, from the most junior to most senior, to deliver the exceptional. Together we produce fabulous multi-platform content with an unexpected twist – and always with a human touch.
But that’s enough about us. We’re not the point – you are.
Please look below for details of our current vacancies.
This is a rare opportunity to join the editorial team on the Eurostar account, including Metropolitan, the onboard title for Eurostar read by over 800,000 passengers per month. Based in Cedar's offices on the Strand, London, the editorial focus is on design, food, culture, fashion, travel and more. Would suit a versatile, enthusiastic and conscientious post-graduate candidate with a good eye for detail and relevant magazine, newspaper or digital experience who wants to branch out into the world of editorial.
• Organising, managing and budgeting the logistics of trips and itineraries for writers and photographers.
• Writing short pieces and boxouts for Metropolitan, and Eurostar.com when required, as well as offering editorial support for the senior editorial team, considering Eurostar’s multi-channel approach.
• Researching, fact checking and suggesting ideas relevant to English, French and Dutch audience.
• Liaising with PRs, contributors and the commercial team to produce the magazine.
• Assist in ensuring content is successfully executed across digital, social and print channels.
• Updating content calendars to reflect client business priorities, seasonal events and channel requirements.
• Assisting with adhoc requirements related to the Eurostar portfolio such as video transcripts and talent research.
• Keep on top of Eurostar and other travel news.
• Attend weekly team meetings to ensure up to date with all projects and opportunities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Fluent in French and English
• Travel journalism experience desirable
• Excellent writing skills
• Experience of working with brands
• Team player with enthusiasm and a can-do attitude
• Highly developed communication, literacy and presentation skills
• Ability to operate with speed, flexibility and creativity
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal with problems quickly and effectively
Please send your application to Barbara email@example.com with Editorial Assistant, Eurostar as the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: 8th January 2018
• Attending team meetings to ensure you are up to date with all projects and opportunities
• Great contacts book, suggesting new photographers, ideas and concepts
• Working with the in-house production team and printer, to have imagery retouched and uploaded to the printer
• Managing Freelancers when necessary
The closing date for applications is Monday 4th February, 2018
The ideal candidate will have:
Salary: £24k plus £2k OTE
Please send your CV and cover letter to Emma Ferguson firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Account Executive’ in the email subject line. The closing date for applications is 28th February, 2018
We are always interested in hearing from talented people, so if you’d like to work with us but there’s no suitable role at the moment, just drop us a line with your CV to: email@example.com
At Cedar, we have an underlying belief that our services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Race, Religion or Belief or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating, creative and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients' businesses.