Eurostar Media launched in July 2017 when Cedar Communications (www.cedarcom.co.uk) won the combined pitch to sell advertising across its wide-ranging media portfolio and create content for Eurostar including digital, print and video content. The advertising sales team comprises six staff who sell: digital, OOH, on board ambient, sponsorship, print and experiential advertising. See (www.eurostarmedia.eu) for full details.
This sales position is a key one within the Eurostar Media team with a focus on identifying and developing new business. Note, most business carried in Eurostar Media is new business since the combined portfolio is less than a year old. Across the sales floor (which includes advertising assets for British Airways and Iberia) we carry more client direct business than agency sales, thus, the sales remit which accompanies this role will lean towards client direct work. Territories will include UK, Belgium, France and Holland. However, the sales remit is flexible depending on the candidate’s experience and there is also the option to represent Eurostar Media in London agencies and the OOH specialists.
The role will require someone who is both a positive, proactive and energetic team player, as well as someone who can be self-motivated to manage their agencies, direct clients and territories with creativity and drive. Multimedia sales experience is essential.
Eurostar Media is a new business and the opportunity we have to take this valuable and targeted passenger base to market is a truly exciting one.
Summary of key areas of responsibility
• Achieve revenue targets
• Maintain existing relationships and generate new ones with agency planning, buying & communications teams. You will be responsible for 2 of the 4 specialist outdoor agencies
• Grow overall revenues from the agency patch that you rep year-on-year
• Drive and lead the direct sales effort for the strategically important Brussels and Amsterdam routes which will include sales trips to both territories
• Deliver a consistent number of face-to-face meetings
• Proactively pitch new ideas and solutions
• Develop a reputation for delivering cutting edge solutions
• Become the ‘face’ of Eurostar Media within your agencies and clients becoming the person they turn to first
• Ensure you are able to present all parts of the portfolio – ambient, digital and print
• Work closely with your colleagues in Eurostar Media and other relevant departments within Cedar Communications to ensure your understanding of our portfolio is appropriate
• Identify opportunities where you can amplify investment from your agencies and clients into other portfolios within the business. This means that you have the opportunity to sell into the IAG portfolios when appropriate.
• You will be measured on revenue contribution vs targets.
• A trained sales exec with >2 years’ sales experience
• An ambitious sales person with a passion for sales & desire to be the best sales person on the team
• Multimedia sales experience is essential, preference will be given to candidates who possess OOH experience.
Please send a CV to Justine Daly (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject 'Account Manager, Eurostar Media'.
A client-facing role, supporting the Tesco magazine Account Manager in the production of advertorial content for the September and October issues. The Account Executive will be responsible for:
Please send a CV and cover letter to Peter Woodman (email@example.com).